Today is World Octopus Day! I wasn’t aware of this cool day until a friend of mine posted it on Facebook. Sweet.
I bet an octopus would make a good teacher. Here’s why:
- There are 300 species, therefore a different type for all subjects, learning styles, types of kids, etc.
- They have three hearts which will hopefully help them have compassion for all the kids that walk through their classroom.
- They have 8 arms (or are they legs) which would help with the endless things to do and constant multi-tasking.
- They can change their color and texture on a dime. If that doesn’t increase student engagement, I don’t know what does?
- They don’t have bones, which would definitely help maneuver around my tiny, cramped classroom.
- Average little size is 80, which is pretty close to the average class size these days.
Pretty darn cool.
Have a good night and Happy Octopus Day!
Of possible interest:
- Happy World Octopus Day! (nationalaquarium.wordpress.com)
- Octopus (ritviscom.wordpress.com)
- What has eight legs, hangs around in the lavvy and is rather chic? (designinspiration.typepad.com)